Stovetop Zuppa Toscana Soup
This easy Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana soup copy-cat recipe tastes just like the real thing! It's so delicious, it will definitely have you coming back for more!
- 4 large potatoes (or 1-2 per person)
- 4 cups water (or more for desired consistency)
- 1 14,5 oz can chicken broth
- 1 lb. Jimmy Dean Italian sausage (I use hot)
- 1/2 cup diced uncooked bacon
- 1 medium onion (yellow or white)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 cup kale or swiss chard sliced
- 1 cup half and half or heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
Add water and chicken broth to pot and bring to boil.
Add potatoes and cook on medium heat until potatoes are tender (approx 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of potato slices).
In a separate pan, brown sausage, drain excess grease. Add olive oil, butter, bacon, onions, garlic, seasoning, salt and pepper. Sauté altogether until bacon is cooked and onions are soft.
Add sausage mixture to the pot of potatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes. Turn to low heat. Add kale and cream. Stir. Heat thoroughly and serve.