If you like ooey gooey cookies, you cannot beat the melty chocolate and smooth caramel blend when you bust open these cookies straight from the oven. Instant win with kids and grown ups alike!
I have yet to meet someone who didn’t instantly fall in love with these cookies. Of all of the treats I have taken to family events, parties, and potlucks, this is the recipe I am asked for the most.
How to Make Chocolate Rolo Cookies
Chocolate Rolo Cookies
- Cookie Sheet
- Electric Mixer
- Parchment Paper
- Mixing Bowls
- 2 1/2 C All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 3/4 C Cocoa
- 1 C Butter thawed to room temperature
- 1 C Granulated Sugar
- 1 C Light Brown Sugar packed
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Bag of Rolo Candies unwrapped
- Granulated Sugar for topping the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Unwrap the Rolo candies and place into a bowl. Set aside.
- Pour ½ cup of granulated sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- With a mixer, cream butter, white sugar and brown sugar together until smooth. Continue mixing and add in eggs, one at a time. Next, add vanilla extract. Mix until blended.
- Continue mixing sugar mixture and slowly add flour mixture; blend well.
- Place a spoonful of chocolate cookie dough in your hand and press one Rolo candy into the center. Roll between your hands to form a ball, making sure the Rolo is completely covered with the dough.
- Toss the dough ball in the sugar bowl to coat the outside with sugar and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 7-10 minutes. Move to a cooling rack for several minutes.
- Repeat steps until you run out of cookie dough, adding more sugar to the sugar bowl as needed.