Joseph Michael says…”Try this caramel!”
Hi, I’m Maegan‘s oldest son Joseph Michael, and I’m nine-years-old. I’m excited to share my first blog post! I want to write about cooking and baking because I love to make people happy by making them special treats. I’ll also be writing about art and other cool projects for kids!
I studied caramel recipes and decided to make my own version. Children my age can make this recipe on their own (with supervision of course)!
*This post contains affiliate links so we might make a commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for helping my mom’s blog!)
Amazing Caramel Sauce and Dip
We love to eat this dip with apples. You could also eat it with other fruit, drizzled on ice cream or cake, mixed with popcorn, and more! My brother and sisters like to eat it by itself.
Ingredients (just 5!)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ¾ C brown Sugar
- ½ C butter (cut into chunks for easier melting)
- 2 tsp vanilla (we love our vanilla, so use less if you prefer)
- ½ tsp caramel extract (optional, but we really love the added flavor!)
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a medium saucepan.
- Warm on medium-low and add brown sugar. Whisk until combined. It will look like this.
- Add butter. Stir until melted.
- Add vanilla and caramel extract.
- Use now if you want it as a drizzle. You can also cook another minute or two to thicken it. Keep stirring so it doesn’t burn! (We learned this from our first try.)
- You can serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.
This makes about 15 “servings” but it depends on how much you eat.
This dip is glossy, creamy, and not too sticky. It does thicken a little after you make it. I like to serve my creations in cool dishes like this set.
I hope you like this caramel dip as much as we do!
If you teach your children how to cook, bake, and do art, they can help you with those things as they get older! One of my favorite ways to try new recipes and art is using the Bluprint account I got for my birthday. I think adults and children would all love it! You can try it out below!
You can find more delicious recipes on our Pinterest account!
What do you like to eat with caramel?