We sisters LOVE the TLC show Four Weddings (and boy, did we binge-watch it before Madison’s wedding!). Each episode features four brides that compete for a grand prize honeymoon by having the highest-rated wedding. The brides-to-be (all were strangers before the show), attend each other’s weddings and give each wedding a rating based on different categories, such as Venue, Wedding Dress, Food, Music, and Theme. The winner is determined at the end of the show!
*Now, that being said, All of those main concepts and ideas belong to TLC, and not to This Blue Dress.
But we thought it would be fun to do something similar: competing with friends for the best holiday or any-time party. So we give you: Four Parties!
Here’s How Four Parties Works:
You’ll need at least three competitors to make this work, but you can include as many friends as the number of parties you’re actually willing to attend in a short time frame.
- Choose a holiday
- Set dates for each party during the determined month, and make sure every competitor can attend
- Determine the grand prize
- Plan amazing parties! Try to pick unique themes so no party is alike.(Ex: for Christmas Four Parties, one person may throw an ugly sweater party, another a hot chocolate party, one a snowman-making showdown, and the last competitor may do a fancy Christmas foods party.)
- Attend each party. At the end of every party, the three non-hosting friends will write down their rating the party based on food, decorations, venue, activities, and the awesomeness of the host/hostess attire. Each category has a rating out of 10, for a potential perfect score of 50. Keep your rating cards until the final meeting.
- Sometime after the last party, meet again and bring the rating cards to be counted. You will probably want a neutral party to add the scores up from each party, for fairness and suspense.
- The person with the highest-rated party (highest score) wins the prize.
Print the free rating cards below (each page has two cards) and start planning your big event!
For 3 competitors, you’ll need: 6 rating cards (print 3 copies and cut down the middle. 2 per person.)
For 4 competitors, you’ll need: 12 rating cards (print 6 copies and cut down the middle. 3 per person.)
For 5 competitors, you’ll need: 20 rating cards (print 10 copies and cut down the middle. 4 cards per person.)
*Copyright © 2018 This Blue Dress. All printables are for personal use only.
For Four Halloween Parties:
For Four Christmas Parties:
For Four Valentine’s Day Parties:
Four Four Parties, Anytime:
May the best party win!
Like this post? Please pin it!