In an earlier post, I mentioned that I have a schedule for my housework and laundry and such. I thought I would share it on here too! Why not share my wealth of knowledge with the world?
HAHAHAHAH just kidding, I have no wealth of knowledge, just a schedule that helps me stay on top of things and be able to enjoy my time more.
Without further ado, here ‘tis.
- Sweep floors
- Swiffer floors
- Do white laundry
- Take out trash at night (Tuesday is our trash day, so adjust that to your trash day if need be.)
- Dust all rooms
- Clean microwave if needed
- Bring in trash cans
- Do colored laundry
- Bathrooms (my least favorite thing!)
- Kids laundry
- Clean out fridge if needed
- Meal plan (make my grocery list based on the meals I’m making for the next week)
- Do the towels (all the towels. Bath towels (adults and kids), hand towels, washcloths, rags used in cleaning, dish cloths, dish towels, etc.)
- Grocery Shopping
- Do sheets (Again, kids and adults)
- Maintain (minor picking up and wiping down and such)
- Kids laundry again (because they go through a lot of clothes!)
- Grocery shopping (AGAIN?! Didn’t’ you just do that yesterday? Well, I have it on both days just in case Friday is a little too crazy, or other things come up. Especially with 3 kids, sometimes it’s easier to wait until Saturday when I can go alone, and my husband can be home with them.)
- Clean out the car (I try to throw away trash as soon as we get home, but kids like to leave things in cars, so it’s nice to have a day dedicated to getting it clean again) Check out more of our tips on cleaning cars here.
Every Day Chores–
- 1 load of laundry at least, more if needed (like if my son decides to take his diaper off during his nap and poop in his bed.)
- Unload dishwasher
- Help my daughter pick up her toys
- Make bed (this has helped me soooo much! I feel much calmer and productive throughout the day if I get up and make my bed in the morning.)
Every Night Chores–
- Wipe down kitchen counters
- Sweep kitchen and living room
- Pick up toys
- Start dishwasher
My daughter also has chores every day since she is old enough to help out. (She is 5 now, but started having a schedule and chores around 3). Every day she has to make her bed and do one other chore. We have a small vacuum that she uses on the bathroom floors, and she helps dust (she does her toy box). She also does “Disneyland Chores” throughout the day to earn money for her fund to go to Disneyland. And my son is supposed to help clean up his toys. Some days that works great! And others not so much haha.
Is there anything that I need to add? Let me know in the comments!
Want some other ways to simplify your home, schedule, and life? Join us in our 30-Day Refresh Your Fall minimalism challenge!