I recently tried out Exciting Romantic, a new app designed to bring some spark back into a relationship.
The app is easy to use. It has one page with 9 Category buttons on it: Crazy Plans, Presents, Movies, Recipe ideas to make together (note: the actual recipes are not included), Questions, Discounts, Bedroom Ideas, and then the Rate and Contest buttons. Click on a category, and an idea for you to do with your significant other will pop up. Click on the green button to generate another idea until you find something you want to try out. Simple.
It appears that you can submit ideas for each category. I’m not sure if/when those ideas will appear in the app.
What I liked about the app:
- I loved the idea generator, because I could get several ideas in a matter of seconds.
- The categories were interesting and were things I often look up anyway. (Seriously, gift ideas, always.)
- Many of the ideas I came across were unique. That was refreshing! Now, the majority of the bedroom ideas are laugh-out-loud weird, but to each his own. My husband and I used the questions category on a few of our walks, which led conversation away from our frequent topics of ‘work’ and ‘kids’.
- The app is simple and easy to use!
What could be better:
- I know this is a newer app, but it needs way more content. Right now there are maybe 15-20 ideas per category, if that.
- I think the app would benefit from a more attractive interface.
- Everything was buggy in my app. Words were all mixed together and overlapping, and none of the icons displayed properly. The top image is what it is supposed to look like, and the bottom is what I saw on my phone.
Overall, I give Exciting Romantic a a 3/5 rating. Definitely a cool and useful app; it just needs a little bit of work.
Download Exciting Romantic here to try it out for yourself! (Currently only available on Android.)
Need an easy, cute way to embellish a love note? Check out my quilled heart tutorial!