Looking for a yummy way to use up your yellow squash? These Garlic Parmesan Yellow Squash Rounds make the perfect side dish or appetizer!
My husband has had a somewhat successful garden this year in spite of the insects and those darn deer!
Our goal was to have lots of zucchini squash, but unfortunately, the vine borers got to enjoy most of our zucchini. On the other hand, our summer squash has kept exploding! We are trying to be creative with ways to use it up!
We love garlic and we love Parmesan cheese so putting these ingredients together to make these yummy summer squash rounds is a definite hit!
*This post may contain affiliate links. You can read our full disclosure policy here.
Garlic Parmesan Yellow Squash Rounds Ingredients
Only takes four main ingredients!
- 4-5 medium-sized yellow summer squash (use only the top “neck” part of the squash)
- Garlic powder
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (Kraft or another brand of container grated Parmesan cheese)
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Optional: salt and pepper
Directions for Yellow Squash Rounds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut squash into 1/4-inch slices.
- Arrange them close together on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. (Tip: I like to line my pans with Reynold’s Kitchens Cookie Baking Sheets.)
- Sprinkle garlic powder onto each piece of squash, then add the grated Parmesan cheese. (My favorite is definitely the Kraft 100% grated Parmesan.
5. Finally, top the rounds with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. I think using both the grated and the freshly grated cheese gives these squash rounds the perfectly balanced Parmesan experience.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the squash is soft and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Now watch the whole pan quickly disappear!
Note: Baking time will vary depending on the size of the rounds. If they are sliced from the “neck” of the squash, the diameter will be smaller and require less baking time than rounds cut from the lower half of the squash.
I highly recommend using those larger slices for our delicious Yellow Summer Squash “Lasagna” or Yellow Squash Casserole (recipes coming soon!)
Hope you enjoy this yummy squash recipe!
These little rounds truly are addictive and I love to cook.
Thank you Dan Crouch. I am happy you love this recipe so much!
Can’t wait to try it!
Let us know how you like it!