This easy, fruity Brazilian Lemonade recipe is everything you’d want in a refreshing summer drink!
Have you ever tried Brazilian Lemonade? Brazilian Lemonade is a deliciously creamy and fruity drink! This is my most requested recipe for drinks, and it only has 4 ingredients!
I was first introduced to this AMAZING concoction at a Brazilian Steakhouse. My sister happened to have a few coupons on hand to get us free Brazilian lemonades, and I was instantly hooked.
Brazilian Lemonade is limeade mixed with sweetened condensed milk to make it a creamy, fruity treat. You can add other fruity flavors to the drink, but the base is always the same.
Why is it called Brazilian Lemonade?
I was really confused when this ‘Brazilian lemonade’ was made with limes. Why would say lemon instead or lime? Once I discovered that the Portuguese word “limao” is used for both citrusy fruits, I understood that the words lemonade and limeade are very close as well. You learn something new everyday!
After realizing how expensive this drink is to buy in-store (and how inexpensive it is to make) I set out to make my own Brazilian lemonade recipe. Its creamy, citrusy flavor is the perfect addition to your meal.
I have shown this recipe to everyone I know and EVERYONE loves it! Everyone from my sugar-happy niece to my picky-eater brother, to my dad, they all love this stuff. It is my most requested drink recipe!
I have to stop myself from drinking the entire pitcher. So proceed at your own risk of becoming addicted to this drink.
If you are looking for more drink recipes, check out our 17 Best Mocktails and Virgin Drinks post.
I have made a list of utensils that make this process much smoother, and I would recommend double checking that you have these before you begin.
Utensils Needed for Preparing Brazilian Lemonade
- Blender. Nothing fancy, my $15 blender from Walmart blends the limes just fine.
- Fine mesh strainer. This is so important to have if you want to avoid rinds getting into your drink. A smaller one is easier to handle, so I choose to use this one, but a big one will work perfectly fine. If you do not have a fine-mesh strainer, grab one at Amazon here.
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife. A dull knife adds more time to this process. Use a knife that will cut through the rind smoothly.
- Large Pitcher. (2 quarts or larger)
- Another large pitcher OR a large bowl if you only own one pitcher
- Mixing spoon.
Ingredients to make Brazilian Lemonade
- 4 ripe Limes (IMPORTANT NOTE: Your drink will only be as good as your limes! Splurge on the nice looking limes otherwise your drink will taste bitter or rotten. This drink it also hard to make when limes are not in season, but not impossible, as long as the limes are ripe and green.
- 1 ½ cups of white sugar
- 3 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk
- 6 cups (or 1 and a half liters) of water (Note: If you want the drink to go further for a large crowd, you can add up to 8 cups)
- Several cups of ice
How to Make Brazilian Lemonade
In a large pitcher, mix the sugar and water together. Chill this mixture in the fridge beforehand if possible, as it makes your ice melt slower.
Wash the limes with fruit spray and/or water. Make sure to scrub the dirt and wax off. The rinds will be used in the chopping, so ensure that they are clean, otherwise it affects the taste of your Brazilian Lemonade.
Chop each of the limes into eight pieces (32 pieces) as pictured below.
Add two limes (or 16 pieces) into the blender. Then add half of the sugar water into the blender.
Pulse the blender about 6-7 times until the water looks like this picture below.
Grab your second pitcher or your bowl. Using the empty pitcher or large mixing bowl, pour the water from the blender through the mesh strainer. This is straining all of the rind pieces from your drink. Do this slowly so as to not drop rind pieces into your drink. Throw the lime rinds in the trash after.
Repeat steps 4-6 with the remaining limes and sugar water.
Combine the pitchers (or bowl) into one pitcher. Then add 3 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk. Stir the mixture. After you stir for about 30 seconds, then your Brazilian Lemonade is ready!
Serve Brazilian Lemonade immediately over ice.
This drink needs to be refrigerated if not served immediately, and will need to be stirred periodically (about every 30 minutes) because the sweetened condensed milk will separate.
If you like your Brazilian Lemonade a little creamier, you can always add more sweetened condensed milk to your own cup . I like doing this, but my family likes the recipe’s ratio best. Start with this recipe and if people want to add more in, you’ll have plenty of the can left over!
This Brazilian Lemonade is a perfect addition to your summer, and great for the whole family! We’d love to hear what you think of this Brazilian Lemonade recipe in the comments below!
If you love easy and yummy recipes, check out more here: