The Crouch sisters are chatting about all things chili, so I thought I’d find another variation for you! If you’re in a busy season (I’m in the middle of midterms!) slow cooker recipes are the best!
I tried this recipe for Slow Cooker Taco Soup from AllRecipes.com, and it’s sooo good!
Super Easy Taco Soup
Prep time 8 minutes. Cook for 8 hours. Makes 8 servings.
- 1 lb ground beef (I like mine chopped small!)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 16 oz can chili beans w/ liquid
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans (I subbed black beans because I prefer that flavor)
- 1 15 oz can whole kernel corn with liquid (I use two! The corn is my favorite part!)
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 C water (add more water if it’s not “soupy” enough for you)
- 2 14.5 oz cans peeled and diced tomatoes (make sure these are diced! Huge chunks of tomato=not appealing)
- 1 4oz can diced green chile peppers (less if you’re not a spicy fan.. I use HALF this)
- 1.5 oz or 1 packet taco seasoning
- dash of garlic powder
This is a great pour and go soup! Simply cook your ground beef, drain, and add all of the ingredients into the slow cooker. Stir with a spoon and cook on Low for 8 hours.
Since this soup is super simple, don’t be afraid to make adjustments! I LOVE corn in my taco soup, so I double the amount of corn! I love adding in some black beans with my kidney beans. Just don’t be afraid to make adjustments based on what you like!
Add shredded cheese, tortilla strips, cilantro, and sour cream on top of your soup to add more Mexican style.
Like chili and soup recipes? Try MaLee’s Incredible Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili !
Do you prefer chili or taco soup? Or are you a rebel and don’t like either? (We’ll still love you.)